- ice-cream cone
- nounice cream in a crisp conical wafer• Hypernyms: ↑frozen dessert
* * *noun: a crisp conical wafer usually about five inches long holding ice cream
* * */uys"kreem'/1. a thin, crisp, hollow conical wafer for holding one or more scoops of ice cream.2. such a cone with the ice cream it contains.[1900-05]
* * *a hard thin biscuit shaped like a cone , that you can put ice cream in, or one of these with ice cream in it
* * *ice-cream cone,1. a wafer shaped into a cone to hold a portion of ice cream.2. the cone with ice cream in it.
* * *noun, pl ⋯ cones [count]: a thin, crisp cake that is shaped like a cone and used for holding ice cream; also : one filled with ice cream
We each had an ice-cream cone for dessert.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
ice cream cone — ice cream .cone n a hard thin cooked cake shaped like a ↑cone, that you put ice cream in, or one of these with ice cream in it … Dictionary of contemporary English
ice-cream cone — ice cream ,cone noun count a hard thin COOKIE shaped like a CONE, that you can put ice cream in, or one of these with ice cream in it … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
ice-cream cone — ice′ cream cone n. 1) coo a thin, crisp, hollow conical wafer for holding ice cream 2) coo such a cone with ice cream in it • Etymology: 1900–05 … From formal English to slang
Ice cream cone — An ice cream cone or cornet is a cone shaped pastry, usually made of a wafer similar in texture to a waffle, in which ice cream is served, allowing it to be eaten without a bowl or spoon. Various types of ice cream cones include waffle cones,… … Wikipedia
ice-cream cone — UK / US noun [countable] Word forms ice cream cone : singular ice cream cone plural ice cream cones a hard thin biscuit shaped like a cone, that you can put ice cream in, or one of these with ice cream in it … English dictionary
ice cream cone — noun a) A thin, conical confection baked from crepe batter, sealed at its apex, used to hold ice cream while it is being eaten. b) Any sweet, edible cone or half open cylinder which can be used in this fashion; often made with wafer or waffle… … Wiktionary
ice-cream cone — noun Date: 1909 a thin crisp edible cone for holding ice cream; also one filled with ice cream … New Collegiate Dictionary
ice-cream cone — /uys kreem / 1. a thin, crisp, hollow conical wafer for holding one or more scoops of ice cream. 2. such a cone with the ice cream it contains. [1900 05] * * * … Universalium
ice-cream cone — /ˈaɪs krim koʊn/ (say uys kreem kohn) noun 1. a cone shaped edible wafer designed to hold ice cream. 2. such a wafer holding ice cream … Australian English dictionary
ice-cream cone — edible cone shaped object used for holding ice cream … English contemporary dictionary